Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Briar Rose - A Finish and a Free Jelly Roll Pattern

As you know I love the video tutorials by the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  They always have great ideas for quilts and find all sorts of nifty notions that they demo on you tube.  Earlier in the year I fell in love with their "4 patch quilt + Xs and Os = Awesome Quilt" Tutorial which demonstrates a great way to make the Arkansas Crossroads quilt with a jelly roll.  I wanted to make one but wasn't sure how big a quilt I would get out of one jelly roll and I didn't want to just start cutting and making it up as I went along - I'm too much of a Capricorn for that kind of fly by the seat of your pants malarkey!  So, I cracked out the calculator, devised a quilt plan and wrote a pattern for it, and today I'd like to share it with you.

You can download the pattern, which is fully supported by CAD diagrams, by clicking here, or by clicking on the photo on the right hand side bar of my blog.  I loved making this quilt. It goes together quickly and easily and it's one where you can just sit back and let the pretty fabric do all the work.  I hope you like it.
 


Mum quilted it using the gorgeous new pattern, Henna Flower, by Lorien Quilting.







Thank you so much to the Missouri Star Quilt Company for generously endorsing my pattern for their 4 patch quilt + Xs and Os = Awesome Quilt tutorial.  Here is the original video from Jenny.....



You can also visit the Missouri Star website by clicking the logo below.



I am linking up with Quilt Story, Freshly Pieced and Friday Finishes.  Head on over and see what everyone else has been up to.

Fresh Poppy Design

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



28 comments:

  1. A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y.
    Stunning!
    Wow!

    I am just amazed at your piecing, the quilting (aren't mums lovely!), and the photos! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOO much for this tutorial!! I love this quilt...have printed the instructions..and picked my jelly roll...now just to get sewing !!
    You used Strawberry Fields for this didn't you? I dont have any of that left, but will try something else out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the work you put into writing this pattern. It is well written and easy to follow - the quilt itself is lovely. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this. A printed pattern makes so much more sense to me, and I've been hearing about this quilt but wasn't ready to tackle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous quilt and the new quilt pattern is beautiful. What a clever pair you both are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanknks for the beautiful pattern and taking the time to do the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful quilt and the fabrics you have used are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's spectacular! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way this turned out, beautiful! And thanks for sharing the tutorial too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!!! Thank you for sharing. I will be making this soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done. I love your blog, and the english touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt! Thanks for sharing the pattern and the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! Great job on the pattern making too - that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love chubby stars, what a beautiful quilt! (Could your mum please come over - central europe- to quilt my quilts,too?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt. And great looking pattern. I'll have to check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This quilt is so beautiful! You did a great job, and the photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing the tutorial too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. This quilt is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Now to just pick out the jelly roll or use my 2.5 inch strips.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing this pattern! It's a beautiful quilt and I love that it works well with jelly rolls.
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  19. IS a lovely design and easy... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made a block, trying to match one I'd seen on Pinterest without a pattern, and later discovered it came from here on your site. I've linked to your pattern through my blog. This one you've made is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this pattern! Thank you for sharing and taking the time to add the tutorial. It is very much appreciated :-) I am going to use 2 jelly rolls and extend it as I want a queen size quilt. Just hoping I can work out the additional pieces I need :-/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been looking for this pattern for a while! So glad I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've used this pattern twice using jelly rolls and many times using scraps. This is a gorgeous quilt pattern with lots of interest in the blocks and enough white/background space. Thank you for publishing it on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm starting on this quilt today, thank you for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to print the pattern but cannot find the picture to click on to print????? can someone email it to me? sltandsmt@gmail.com THANK YOU.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. DUH!!!!! I just figured it out....... THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am fascinated by this pattern. My daughter doesn't like it because it looks far too neat for a scrap quilt, which is exactly why I love it:) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...