Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hello Blogosphere!

I'm not really sure what happened in December but I think that in the pre-Christmas stress-athon I lost my blogging mojo. However, it is a new month, a new year, a new decade and in the words of George Costanza - I'm back baby!

Despite being M.I.A from blogger during the festive season I was in fact being pretty festive sewing up a storm of gifts and Christmas paraphenalia of which I will post some photos over the coming couple of days.

I used this awesome free pattern by Oliver + S to make these skirts for Scarlett....




I wanted to get some t-shirts to match for her and in a moment of serendipity I came across these in Target (where all good things come from).



Speaking of Target.... I have needed to get a new iron for a couple of months now. My Tefal (God bless it) has had a hard life and the steam button is stuck down and the tab to open the water reservoir perished and broke off. I hit the shops yesterday hoping for a bargain - Myer let me down, no sales. Big W let me down, no top quality irons. Target was looking like coming through for me, they had 10% off. I found the iron that I thought that I wanted but there was no price on it and the model under it was $90. I didn't really want to pay that much (the scrooge in me hadn't magically disappeared on Christmas morning) but I took the desirable pink super steam iron over to the price check point anyway. I couldn't believe my eyes when it scanned at $34.00!!! Bring it on. I practically sprinted to the checkout and whipped out my credit card before someone realised the error of their ways. Here it is in all its glory.


I tell you 2010 is off to a great start! And what would a new year be without the compulsory resolutions? One of mine is to regain control of my fabric stash. I started by sorting my scrap box into fabric lines and styles and popping them into snap lock bags. I love the feeling of inner calm I get from sealing things into plastic bags. Now for the other 5 boxes I have stashed under my bed....



I have also been working madly on one of the quilts for our retreats in February and March. I should be all done and ready to post the finished product by Friday, but here is a wee sneak peak until then.


Lastly, but definitely not leastly, I am excited to announce that I am going to have a project published in the April edition of Homespun! It is a quilt that I made during our Influenza A quarrantine back in July. I can't wait to see it in print and to have it published in my favourite Australian craft magazine is a dream come true.

I have a great feeling about 2010. I can just feel it in my bones that this year is going to be full of opportunities, new beginnings and blessings. Watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. Hi- lovely blog- think I stumbled across it because of your Anne of Green Gables reference! I am especially loving the purple parasol ladies skirt here- just gorgeous fabric. And congratulations on getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the top skirt when it was a bolt of fabric LOL. Lots of lovely sewing, organising and shopping there. I think you will look good in a pink iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back baby!! Great posts!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...